[Vtigercrm-developers] Bug in the changeset #14217 - relating to the mysqli support

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 20:41:29 GMT 2014

Hello Prasad,

There is an serious bug in the changeset #14217 relating to the mysqli
support.
There was a change in \include\database\PearDatabase.php  in function
function disconnect().
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/changeset/14217

     function disconnect() {
         $this->println("ADODB disconnect");
         if(isset($this->database)){
             if($this->dbType == "mysql"){
                   mysql_close($this->database);
*            } else if($this->dbType=="mysqli"){
                  mysqli_close($this->database);*
             } else {
                 $this->database->disconnect();
             }
             unset($this->database);
         }
     }

The red lines shows the added, new lines. The command
*mysqli_close($this->database);* unfortunately wrong.

The right command would be:    according to the
...\libraries\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php line ~ 669
     // returns true or false
     function _close()
       {
         @mysqli_close($this->_connectionID);
         $this->_connectionID = false;
       }

---------------------------
*The right command* to close mysqli database is:
*mysqli_close($this->database->_connectionID);*

It really closes the database. The modification from the changeset
#14217 will not close the database but will give a worning:
Warning:  mysqli_close() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, object given
in  ....\include\database\PearDatabase.php  on line 875

And in the debugging/developing settings, /*vtiger */will echo this
warning message even to the JSON output of Vtiger_Response(), so all
AJAX responses could be broken. My AJAX in my CustomModule was broken
and I hunted the cause for 2 days and I have found it in the above
described.

Note: Analogous to the mysqli, may the mysql_close($this->database)
would be also wrong.

Kindest regards:
Istvan

--