[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: Asterisk Connector & Asterisk 11

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 22:06:45 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Asterisk Connector & Asterisk 11
Date: 	Fri, 8 Aug 2014 12:17:38 -0400
From: 	vtiger at camden.net <vtiger at camden.net>
To: 	Rishab K <rishab.k at vtiger.com>,
<vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com>

checked secret for leading and post blanks... none
changed secret to a simple secret just to be sure... same result
removed post "/" of URL in connector config... same result
deleting Vtiger and SQL tables to force run once setup with new version
revision =14176, same result

I have not tried to blow the server away and start from nothing, I had
to do this to go from 6.0 to 6.1, not sure why we already know there are
issues with jsut updating via SVN, and you have to kill your tables and
vtiger directory to force a run once install but its possible there are
issues with even that

on the 8383 stream
INFO: Successfully Authenticated Vtiger Secret Key

on the 4573 stream
SEVERE: Failed to authenticate Vtiger Secret Key

click to call still results in calling of the CRM Extension, then get
hung up on

Inbound callers get hung up on, no PoP, phones do not even ring

Question: Do you actually have a the asterisk connector and PBX Manager
working and tested on any of your own installs? I was looking though
internet blogs and forms and found comments suggesting that this is not
working in On Demand version either

Back to my suggestion of scraping AGI and just use AMI, why is vtiger
even using AGI, its clear from these data streams you are using AGI to
access AMI, why?

If you are going to use AGI  you don't need to access the AMI, and if
you use AMI you don't need AGI, they are not meant to work together

AGI would be great for let's say, we wanted to create a customer
satisfaction survey and send callers to it after a call, and we want the
user input to tie vTiger, similar to how you're the web forums work, or
we wanted a call in app that allowed customers to call in and manager
their own vtiger records, like allow customers to call in and change
their phone number or address, then AGI would be great and required as
AMI won't let us do those type of things, and if that is where you are
going with this then great, but that should be a separate project/module
from the PBX Manager that handles click to call and caller POPs

In this case vtiger does not need to own or control the call, so we dont
need AGI, all its trying to do is:

1.) Click to call app

AMI is best suited for this, very simple command, and you guys where
closer to this prior to the 14176, you just had Exten set to the CRM
Phone Extension so it was trying to call itself, I could see the
commands being issued

Action: Originate
Channel: {CRM Phone Extension from My Preferences}
Context: {Context from PBX Manager Settings}
Exten: {Number Clicked On}
CallerID: "Calling" & {Number Clicked On} & "from Vtiger"
Timeout: 30000
Variable: var1=23|var2=24|var3=25
ActionID: {optional for error handling}

2.) Monitor for Incoming calls so we can grab callerID and search vtiger
for records and make a POP

Again AMI is best suited for this all you have to do is keep the AMI
connection open, it will close due to inactivity, that's not a AMI
problem that's in the network layer so you need to constantly check if
the connection is open and reconnect if not, you can send a "Action:
Ping" every few minutes to help minimize the drops, it's really not
difficult and virtually all the call monitoring applications both open
source and commercial use AMI to do this, not AGI

 From there all you need to do is pull out the "Event: Newstate" and
"Event: Hangup" packets to inspect the packet attributes

Please see my suggestion email on 8-5-2014, if you need further help, I
have everything you need coded and working in Visual Basic, I would be
happy to provide you with the code, you will have to translate to Java,
assuming you would stick with java for the connector which is fine,
though you probably could do same in PHP and not waste all the system
resources java uses

There are no new settings under my preferences for
ReceivingIncommingCalls and MakingOutgoingCalls, even after a forced
re-install of rev. 14176

Some users might want click to call function but not callerID POPs so
simply removing the CRM Phone Extenion settings is a bad way to control
if POP should occur

Some users will want the POP on ring and others will want on answer, so
this option should be given

User should be able to define how long the POP stays up. trust me if you
hard code it, some will say it stays up too long, and other will stay it
goes away to fast, you will never find a settings for this that makes
everyone happy, so let them set it

That's great there is a close button on the POP, but it should only
close the pop for that instance, it should not permanently close only
for that user as you suggested