[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: Cooperation - part 2

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 22:05:17 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Cooperation - part 2
Date: 	Sat, 2 Aug 2014 18:44:01 +0530
From: 	Sreenivas Kanumuru <svk at vtiger.com>
To: 	vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
<vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com>

@Marco, @Matteo, Thanks for the comments

    /Stability, Clear Full Api, Security, Easy customization are the
    primary needs of the dev community,/

That is a good high level list.  I added Performance and Distribution to
it. Much work has gone into these already, and more work is ahead of us.
We hope you will see 6.1 score higher on all these areas.

Stability           - We are in a better position now than 6 months ago
with expanded test suite, some of which is automated.
API                  - 6.1 includes API improvements (ex: Get related
Entities <http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8167#ticket>,
Label in vtws_retrieve
<http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8168#ticket>)
Performance   - 6.1 has many performance improvements (ex: Alan's
suggestion on to_html
<http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8169#ticket>)
Security          - We are deploying fixes for the critical issues
through security patches.
Customization - Ex: 6.1 has easy theme selection from Menu bar,
Distribution     - Listing and 1 click installation of verified
extensions through extension store inside CRM

    /Create a working group does not mean "steal" your leadership but
    join forces, currently many resources available in the community are
    lost because vtiger guys does not have time to follow./

/
/

    /For example: Italian translation, it's completed in trac (created
    by my team and Simone Travaglini) but Vt6.1 still has a translation
    done with google translator. Why should I pay employees in order to
    continue (or expand) our contribute to Vtiger? /

It is clear that having more hands can reduce any misses like this.
Also, moving to github/gitlab setup could reduce friction in taking
contributions. I couldn't find more about the role the community council
plays on Zimbra / OwnCloud. If you have any links, please share here.

thanks,
Sreenivas

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Marco Roello <marco.roello at gmail.com