[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: Can I do these things without core hacks?

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 19:19:06 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Can I do these things without core hacks?
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 10:14:27 +0100
From: Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com>
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

On 03/07/14 08:30, richard wrote:
> Do you mean you:
>   created a ListViewController for your custom module.
>   overrode a ListViewController of one custom module with another module
> (if so, did you use custom code in the parent class to achieve this?)

Yes. :-)

I overrode the standard ListViewController in my module, as in:

> class GeoTools_ListViewController_Model extends ListViewController {...

And the QueryGenerator with

> class GeoTools_QueryGenerator_Model extends QueryGenerator {

So these live in /modules/GeoTools/models/

They are almost total copies of the originals as there are modifications
to most functions but it means I didn't need to hack any core files.

> I should check out geotools sometime, did you ever find out if google
> cares what's done in a crm with their maps?

The version for 6.1 isn't out yet. But hopefully it will be soon.