[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: Can I do these things without core hacks?

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 19:18:14 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Can I do these things without core hacks?
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 22:05:48 +0100
From: Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

On 02/07/14 21:51, Richard Hills wrote:
> Although it is true that the time needs to be weighed, in any
> development work which I do I will always try to work within the
> framework in order to avoid issues in the future.
>
> Basically I need a way to override functions from core modules with
> functions defined in my own modules. I have only seen an extension
> module which registers an event for a module, is it actually able to use
> this same system to override a method inside of an existing module?

I should think so but it depends on how and what you are trying to achieve.

For example, in my GeoTools development I've managed to override the
ListViewController and the QueryGenerator classes. But this is within a
new module - not on an existing one...

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk