[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: vtiger limitations ?

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 17:37:29 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger limitations ?
Date: 	Fri, 16 May 2014 20:54:15 +0200
From: 	John Glidvard <john at kbx.dk>
To: 	vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

Hi all,

I have been working with vtiger for a while now 6.0, and I am pretty
happy about the platform. However it could need some polishing and more
structured source.

Eg. to launch a service where all image-uploads are stored in a folder
called "test", tells me that developers as a team might not be that
welled structured? I might be wrong, and would be happy to be corrected
here...

Anyway... my question is another concern.
The Crontask has a limit to run every 15 min. As I understand it is not
recommended to set cron intervals lower than that. Could someone plesae
explain me why?
Eg. if we need to send SMS at a fixed time like 5 minutes past 3pm, this
is not possible.

Someone told me that lower intervals could make conflicts if too many
emails are being sent from vtiger at the same time. And cron task is
executed before the email cue is empty.

In case vtiger 6 is working like this - sending all outgoing data into 1
bulk, can someone please tell me which limits we are working with in
vtiger 6.

what is maximum outgoing messages.
and what is actually the maximum no of entries vtiger can handle?

Thanks

John