[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: VT6 Migrations

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 17:18:11 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 Migrations
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 01:50:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: polanskiman <lefevre_paul at yahoo.fr>
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

Hello Joe,

I understand your point. The only issue here is that I am on a Synology. I
could potentially install most software in there but at the end they
wouldn't be integrated within the system and other related problems would
also arise by doing so.  Synology only proposed a handful of CRM solutions
within their package center, namely SugarCRM, OpenERP and VtigerCRM. Tried
the 2 first, nearly got a heart attack. Vtiger was my last go. It worked
somehow ok, but yes I agree I feel I am spending more time than I should
making it work as it actually should. I understand this is a community based
software, still I believe code testing is pretty lax here. Even looking at
the Readme file of vtiger6.1, it still refers to "vtiger CRM 4.2 Patch 2 Sep
15, 2005" Sigh...

I am by no means a programmer but I know very well how to goole, and fiddle
to a certain extent the code to fit my basic needs. Right now vtiger6.0 is
looking like it will be a big NO NO for me. Already found 4/5 bugs which I
am not willing to spend time repairing. Simply not my job.

I will have a look at those you mentioned though. Always good to know what
they are worth.