[Vtigercrm-developers] How to set another field depending picklist in vtiger 6.1?

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 18:34:07 GMT 2014

Dear vtiger Team, and vtiger Community,

I would like to use a picklist field in my custom module and the set of
selectable picklist items have to depend from the content of an other
field of the too same record. The dependency is inside the record but
the other field is not a picklist.
It is a little bit similar to the picklist dependency but it is quite
different.

Is there any method to get the *current record* or *current record_id*
inside the field_model?
E.g. inside the *class CustomModule_Field_Model extends
Vtiger_Field_Model**{ }*?

If it is, I can overwrite the getDisplayValue() method and
getDBInsertValue() method to make the display_value dependent from an
other field.

In this moment I did not find the right access point.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kindest regards:
Istvan

--