[Vtigercrm-developers] Issues with Scheduled Reports & getReturnPath()

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:59:49 PDT 2012

On 16/06/12 08:40, Prasad wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Do accept the apology for pushing in getReturnPath API we failed to
> cover exhaustive
> case while having the SMTP as localdomain, we indeed targeted only
> sub-domain level.

Thanks for the apology, it wasn't really necessary - just the fix ;-)

> This was an attempt to fix the mail ending up with SPAM folder
> <http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/7325> due to invalid SPF.
>
> Please review the suggested fix and share your feedback:
> http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/7325#comment:3

I have just quickly scanned the fix above.

Allow me to explain the issue we have faced here:

Our Customer's vtiger is hosted by us on a private Virtual Machine which
they connect to via a domain name; lets call the company's domain: abc.co.uk

So their vtiger CRM resides at http://crm.abc.co.uk

The user's email addresses are all name at abc.co.uk

Their SMTP server is provided by abc's ISP and their connection details
in the vtiger Outgoing Server are:

Hostname: auth.isp.co.uk
Username: fred at abc.co.uk
Password: ***********
 From Email: (Empty - so it is set to the relevant assigned user's
addresses)
Requires Auth: Yes.

Currently the getReturnPath() function sets the Return Path to:

noreply at isp.co.uk (When it should be something at abc.co.uk).

I suspect that it is the domain part that really causes the problem
rather than the "noreply" but that probably doesn't help either.

Will the fix above do the "right thing" in this situation? I got a bit
lost in all the regex...

Thanks

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk