[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Getting vtiger working with our company / development possible

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Mon May 11 23:47:49 PDT 2009

Daniel,

I responded to your items below.

(1) Will we be able to run vtiger with MS SQL-database in order to sync
contacts between vtiger and existing database? Alternative would be
PostgreSQL, but MySQL is not considered to be a serious DBMS by my company.

The standard distribution works only with MySQL. We can port it to work with
PostgreSQL and offer it as a customization service.

 (2) Can vtiger interact with an Exchange server for mail besides generic
IMAP and SMTP?

No. vtiger CRM supports IMAP for incoming email, and SMTP for outgoing
emails.

(3) Are there any translations for the CRM integration for Outlook or
Office? I already have a German web interface but buttons in Outlook are in
English per default and I didn't find any language files...

We do not have localized version of the Outlook and Office plugin. We will
need to provide a customized plugin after changing the text strings.

As per the other requirement you listed, we can customize the vtiger CRM
installation to copy the data into the ERP when the prospect becomes a
customer.

thanks,
Sreenivas

--