[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM 5.0.4 validation testbuild II

Scott Brown scott at centritechsolutions.com
Fri Nov 23 07:08:27 PST 2007

There were several purposes for using the RTF merge instead of the original.

1.	Be able to get around using the Active X control so that other
browsers that don't support Active X can be used.
2.	There were some fields that you could not access through the word
plug-n such as TicketID Number.  My thoughts are if you can't merge the
ticket number for a trouble ticket then the feature is useless. The RTF
merge allows for the ticket number to be merged. This way a work order could
be printed out.
3.	The rtf files can be made smaller in download size.

Are you saying the new 5.04 version no longer uses the Active X solution?
And can we use different RTF files for the same module I.E two different
merge files for Trouble Tickets?  If the code was not changed since my
version last year then it would not be possible to use multiple RTF merge
files in the same module.

Thanks

Scott

  _____