[Vtigercrm-developers] Okay to replace 7.0.1 file with 6.4 version?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Feb 22 20:20:03 GMT 2018

I'd definitely keep a backup copy. :) My concern is instroducing bugs or
security concerns by dropping to an old, possibly now patched, version of a
file. I'm not great with PHP, knowing enough to figure things out and make
small web services. I don't know enough to look at someone else's code and
find potential problems with it, especially not when my boss wants his CRM
ready to go as soon as possible. :)

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 3:09 PM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22/02/18 18:15, Alex Hall wrote:
>
>> "Kindly note this issue is due to a bug in vTiger’s 6.5.0, 7.0.0 and
>> 7.0.1 code. This file: /vtiger/vtlib/thirdparty/dZip.inc.php in vTiger
>> is buggy. Please change/replace this same file by the same file from vTiger
>> 6.4 and it will work properly."
>>
>> Obviously, it makes me nervous to just go replacing files with ones from
>> old versions.
>>

> Why not keep a backup copy of the one you are about to replace? You can
> always swap it back then.
>
> FWIW I do not recall any specific bugs/issues requiring me to replace this
> library file...
>
> I would be interested to know what exactly the issue is before I go
> replacing files and installing modules from third-parties... Do check their
> code before using it ;-)
>
> Al
>
> NB: Are you aware that you can create modules yourself just by using the
> in-built tools and writing some small php script files?
>
> http://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/developers/develo
> p-extensions-for-vtiger.html
>
> and
>
> http://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/developers/vtlib/