[Vtigercrm-developers] Okay to replace 7.0.1 file with 6.4 version?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 20:09:09 GMT 2018

On 22/02/18 18:15, Alex Hall wrote:
> "Kindly note this issue is due to a bug in vTiger’s 6.5.0, 7.0.0 and
> 7.0.1 code. This file: /vtiger/vtlib/thirdparty/dZip.inc.php in vTiger
> is buggy. Please change/replace this same file by the same file from
> vTiger 6.4 and it will work properly."
>
> Obviously, it makes me nervous to just go replacing files with ones from
> old versions.

Why not keep a backup copy of the one you are about to replace? You can
always swap it back then.

FWIW I do not recall any specific bugs/issues requiring me to replace
this library file...

I would be interested to know what exactly the issue is before I go
replacing files and installing modules from third-parties... Do check
their code before using it ;-)

Al

NB: Are you aware that you can create modules yourself just by using the
in-built tools and writing some small php script files?

http://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/developers/develop-extensions-for-vtiger.html

and

http://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/developers/vtlib/console-tool.html