[Vtigercrm-developers] Template silently fails when viewing organizations for any user

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 21:46:41 GMT 2018

On 14/02/18 21:28, Alex Hall wrote:
> Two slightly different questions, then. First, how can I properly create
> users through the web service, without getting the error that what I'm
> doing is "not valid for id"?

This was discussed in a thread this month :-)

http://lists.vtigercrm.com/pipermail/vtigercrm-developers/2018-February/037124.html

> Thanks for any thoughts. Please let me know what you need to see of my
> code, the Vtiger code I'm working with, or anything else.

TBH, all bets are off really when you say you are manually creating
users...

I guess the first question is WHY? Why are you creating users like this?
Do you have a lot to add or something?

The permissions and access control system depends on the users being
created properly and thereby having generated their privilege/sharing files.

Turning on error_reporting in config.inc.php and enabling the debug log
and using the Javascript console in your browser will probably point you
to where you need to start looking.

HTH

Al

NB: you also didn't say what version of vtiger you are testing.