[Vtigercrm-developers] Template silently fails when viewing organizations for any user

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Feb 14 21:28:42 GMT 2018

Hello list,
I hope this list is still active. :) We're testing Vtiger at my work, to
see if it's going to work for us. I'm in charge of setting it up and
maintaining it. So far, it's installed and running, and I have a file that
pulls our sales rep and customer data from the company's iSeries and puts
it all into the CRM. This is all done through web services, for the most
part. When viewing the CRM with the admin account, all is well, but when I
log in as any of our sales reps, I can't get the site to load any
organizations. It creates the table, a checkbox, a div, and then the page
just stops. The Nginx log for the site shows nothing.

Before you answer, you need to know the other half of the story. I said my
import file runs *mostly* on the web service. The bit I couldn't do that
way is user creation, which I instead handle by manually instantiating a
Vtiger user, setting properties, and adding the user through
modules/users/User.php. This *appears* to work, in that it gives me a user
to which I can then assign organizations and contacts and which can log in
successfully. I suspect, though, that something is missing in my user
creation process, and when the template tries to access some property of
the active user, it fails. Why it doesn't display or log an error I don't
know, but that's my best guess.

Two slightly different questions, then. First, how can I properly create
users through the web service, without getting the error that what I'm
doing is "not valid for id"? Second, how can I find the problem with the
users I have, by getting the template to tell me where it's choking?

Thanks for any thoughts. Please let me know what you need to see of my
code, the Vtiger code I'm working with, or anything else.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall at autodist.com