[Vtigercrm-developers] vt7: Question on Email Templates...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 10:56:26 GMT 2017

A client wants to be able to send an email from within an Opportunity.

So we added an email field to the Opportunity to allow us to create an
Email template.

Yet, when we try to send an email using a really simple template,
Opportunity No in the subject line and the related contact's first name
in the Email body, none of the template fields are replaced?

See attached screenshot.

Can someone explain why this doesn't work?

And more importantly, how it _is_ supposed to work?

Cheers