[Vtigercrm-developers] marketplace and activation code

makeyourcloud info at makeyourcloud.com
Mon Mar 14 10:44:55 GMT 2016

Hi all,

We have just developed a new module and are actually encountering the same
limitations, for this reason choose to not sell our module through the
marketplace for the moment.

I’m according to S.T.Prasad, in my opinion a solution to solve the licensing
problem could be a little modification to the purchase process, the vTiger
team should send a POST request on each purchase to a specific url signaled
by the module reseller and stored in his profile info, the request could
just contain the buyer email and the product bought, this should be enough
to enable the reseller to trigger further actions, like create a license key
associated with the email and send the emails with this key to the buyer,
and not less important we can instantly track the sales coming from the
marketplace.

Actually we adopted the paypal checkout on our store to process the purchase
and trigger our workflows after the successful payment notification, it
should be easy for us to trigger the same workflows when vtiger send a
request for a successful purchase.

P.S.: in our case the email is essential, because we need to communicate
with our buyer, send the activation key and create an account in our
customer area so he can pick the license key, product updates,
documentation, or ask for support when he want, also we should send
communications if some important update has been released!

Regards,
Federico Bempensato,
MakeYourCloud Development Team.