[Vtigercrm-developers] marketplace and activation code

stprasad at stprasad.com stprasad at stprasad.com
Mon Mar 14 10:34:03 GMT 2016

Hi all,
I have an encrypted extension vtDZiner, which is NOT on the market place.

When thinking about how to handle the use case, I could only come up the user to request it offline by providing an email address to write to for the activation code.

Currently the purchase is automated using PayPal IPN.

Unless the Vtiger Marketplace offers a feature to be able to connect with legit buyers, we are stuck with the model I could come up with.

I think vtExperts may be adopting similar philosophy. Would be interesting to know details.

They have built many modules with a wide range of functionality, so for them this issue would have been important to address.

@Prasad
Why is sharing email info about a legit buyer a privacy issue? We could get an email from the marketplace the instant a buyer purchases a product or even better have each marketplace supplier designate a Paypal style IPN url that could be posted the same info about buyer name and email id?

In any case many buyers do get back to the supplier via the support links we provide in the software/extension that they get.

Regards,
S.T.Prasad

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel