[Vtigercrm-developers] Roadmap 6.5 and 7

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 08:50:08 GMT 2016

On 29/04/16 07:02, Preexo wrote:
> Alan Bell-6 wrote
>> >but I got a heap of merges accepted on
>> >code.vtiger.com over the past few days, so I am not too distressed at
>> >the moment.
> I just saw that on code.vtiger.com and it made my day! I will commit a few
> more things in the next few weeks as well and hope for the best,
worth noting for the vtiger folk that the best way to motivate people to
contribute more stuff is to review issues and action merges in a
reasonable timescale, (accepting or rejecting is fine, leaving it is not
so good) if I have 10 outstanding merge requests sitting there with no
feedback I am not going to do much more, but if they get merged then I
am going to try and fill up the queue again, and if they get rejected I
am going to fix them and try again.

Sometimes what is needed on an issue is a little discussion about the
right way to fix it before someone can go ahead and do the work and
propose a merge - especially for situations like this one:
http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/184 where I want a
feature I know is in the on-demand and I can implement in the open
source, but that is a bit of a redundant effort (actually I already did
it for a customer so not too much extra effort) and I think it just
makes merging harder in the future.

Alan.