[Vtigercrm-developers] Roadmap 6.5 and 7

Ranieri rslemer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:53:20 GMT 2016

I do not know if the model is wrong, but needs some adjustments in my
opinion

1) Remove basic functionality of the system core and turn into paid plugins
makes no sense.

2) Price of add ons. If you have a funcionallidade US 25, US 50 is
reasonable, because for a reasonably functional core version is necessary
today 5 to 10 add ons. But Add Ons US 200, US 400 make it impossible,
imagine a 10 add ons package would cost US 4000!

Example functional WebMail, EUR 199, EUR 400 or check duplicates, format
fields for EUR 99, too expensive ( for me, at  Brazil .. )

3) Having to license the modules with each new version. Hard to imagine you
license the module in version 6.4, a month later leaves a hits package just
like 6.5 and you have to license all over again?

I take as an example the Apple app store for Macbook, you have updates to
the operating system for US $ 40, other free

I think the core team Vtiger could charge US $ 49 for a new updated core,
for example, why not?

The community could provide add ons without cost or equals values.

So the wheel turns, everyone wins and is accessible to most companies.

Note that in Brazil, only the conversion of the exchange, makes the values
​​are multiply for 4 and more taxes.

Ranieri

> Hi
>
> We are about to join into community contribution by adding our recent
> change vtiger ACL (Separation of Create/Edit).
>
> I am having plans to contribute several other features.
>
> I am interested to listen the forking plans & ideas
>

> Thanks
> Sutharsan Jeganathan

> <#m_8676626762656627564_DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Stacey Johnson <
> stacey.johnson110 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > That's because open source means not only free code, but also a live
>> community
>>
>> Well.... it couldn't be better described. IN regards to forking, there is
>> one, where a lot has been done, just the CEO needs
>> a bit adjustment :o)  if he promise to respect community voices (without
>> pointing out who pay, who did more.. etc.... ) it could
>> lead to exceptional collaboration and application.
>> If not.......... I would love to see fork run by joint Alan's (both),
>> Joe & Andrea, Simone, Manuel, Conrado and few more from this list - in
>> friendly and honest collaboration
>> which will respect "free code and community".
>> Money is important, it feeds our families, but if everybody turn into
>> money making machines only (without precious habit of giving a bit of
>> our-self for free) , the crime and bestiality will take over whole world.
>> If you love your loved ones, the flowers comes for free he..? Or you just
>> promise you buy it in the future?
>>
>> Stacey
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Simone Travaglini <
>> simonetravaglini at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi to all people of community,
>>> nice to see that discussion of future of open source is a focus topic in
>>> our list.
>>> We are an italian company that invested a lot in past years on vtiger,
>>> and from 2016 we are official solution provider.
>>> We love the product, but we are very worried about how community is
>>> managed and the lack of new functionality in open source version.
>>> I think if Vtiger team doesn't change direction, a new fork could be
>>> close. That's becouse open source means not only free code, but also a live
>>> community. And a  big part of active comunity could organize itselfe for a