[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger 5.4.0: Picklist values with htmlentities and non-admin users

Holger Dewes holger.lists at justsoftwareag.com
Wed Oct 29 14:33:59 GMT 2014

Yes, I've stumbled upon this as well. If I remember correctly, the problem
stems from the fact that only for non-admin users, the visibility for the
picklist values is checked. But the code performing the check does not
escape special characters so '&' is compared to '&'.

Unfortunately I don't remember where exactly this happens, but maybe this
information is helpful anyway.

> This is really odd.
>
> If I log is as an admin user all is fine.
>
> There are are Picklist values that have been stored in the database with
htmlentitiy values, e.g. "A&B Website" stored as "A&B Website"

> As a non-admin user when I look at lists or popup lists that contain
these picklist values I get "Not Accessible" in red. In DetailView/EditView
these values appear fine to the same user...