[Vtigercrm-developers] cptiger - the new open source customer portal responsive for vtiger

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 09:17:37 GMT 2014

On 24/10/14 03:50, Prasad wrote:
> Alan,
>
> We are focusing on leveraging the Vtiger API end as well based
> on the intent gathered for CustomerPortal.
>
> More I think about access-control - I feel Portal should know
> better what it is offering than CRM.

I understand and think that's the right approach...

I can also imagine use-cases where there should be a kind of "guest"
access for public visitors to see certain types of data - image if in
your CRM you have a list of "resellers" or "partners" of your
products/services and you want your visitors to be able to find the
nearest one: that's a GeoTools application for the Portal there too ;-)

Cheers