[Vtigercrm-developers] [VT 6.1] MailConverter (MailScanner) and WorkFlows??

Marco Roello marco.roello at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 16:29:01 GMT 2014

HI,

I've tried to configure the MailConverter module with two mailboxes
successfully.

The problem is that the action "Create Ticket" action, for example, is not
parameterized. For example, I cannot enter the category type of the ticket
that I'm going to create, based on the mailbox address the sender sent the
email (e.g. support_at_acme.com or demos_at_acme.com ...

My opinion is that the module MailConverter *must* partecipate in
workflows.

An idea, to maintain compatibility and add the functionality, could be to
still allow to set conditions in the MailConverter,
then add a "Trigger Workflow" action.

The workflow will then receive the MailConverter Model object, which will
be managed like any other VT entity, allowing to create entities of
different types (like custom modules) or other usefull tasks. Very
powerfull!!

Thanks
Marco