[Vtigercrm-developers] [VT 6.1] MailConverter (MailScanner) and WorkFlows??

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Mon Jun 16 07:25:16 GMT 2014

Hi Marco,

That's a good enhancement we need to include in our product, We will be
adding this in our road-map. I have created trac
<http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8101> ticket for same.
Please update your observation here.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Marco Roello <marco.roello at gmail.com>
wrote:

> HI,
>
> I've tried to configure the MailConverter module with two mailboxes
> successfully.
>
> The problem is that the action "Create Ticket" action, for example, is not
> parameterized. For example, I cannot enter the category type of the ticket
> that I'm going to create, based on the mailbox address the sender sent the
> email (e.g. support_at_acme.com or demos_at_acme.com ...
>
> My opinion is that the module MailConverter *must* partecipate in
> workflows.
>
> An idea, to maintain compatibility and add the functionality, could be to
> still allow to set conditions in the MailConverter,
> then add a "Trigger Workflow" action.
>
> The workflow will then receive the MailConverter Model object, which will
> be managed like any other VT entity, allowing to create entities of
> different types (like custom modules) or other usefull tasks. Very
> powerfull!!
>
> Thanks
> Marco

With