[Vtigercrm-developers] MyISAM or InnoDB - what is the preferred database engine of vtiger 6.1?

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 10:48:33 GMT 2014

Dear vtiger Team,

One of my vtiger 6.1.0 EA instance has a totally different MySQL
database structure then others.
If I knew well, the preferred database engine of vtiger 6.1 is *InnoDB
*due to using foreign_keys.
In a my XAMPP / *MySQL 5.5* instance all table was InnoDB.
In an other XAMPP instance with *MySQL 5.6* all table was InnoDB as well.

I have just checked an other instance LINUX (CentOS, C-panel, MySQL 5.6.17)
The MySQL basic setup (in my.cnf file) was the same as in the Windows
/XAMPP MySQl 5.6 -> the default database engine was InnoDB (this is the
5.6 default).
But the vtiger instance has InnoDB engine in only ~20% of table, all
other table engines is MyISAM.

It indicates there is some *uncertainty *and the SQL table install
depended in this case from some environment variables.

The file .../schema/DatabaseSchema.xml  defines InnoDB engine for all
tables.
The function *initialize()* in .../modules/Install/models/InitSchema.php
uses it: $adb->createTables("schema/DatabaseSchema.xml");
But in this case the result failed as it shown here (under the
screenshoot, printable part of phpmyadmin output):

Tábla 	Sorok 	Típus 	Méret 	Megjegyzések
com_vtiger_workflows 	23 	MyISAM 	10.7 KB
Létrehozva: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45
Utolsó frissítés: 	2014. Aug 28. 19:22

com_vtiger_workflows_seq 	1 	MyISAM 	1 KB
Létrehozva: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45
Utolsó frissítés: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:46

com_vtiger_workflowtasks 	22 	MyISAM 	21.9 KB
Létrehozva: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45
Utolsó frissítés: 	2014. Aug 28. 19:22

com_vtiger_workflowtasks_entitymethod 	10 	MyISAM 	4.1 KB
Létrehozva: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45
Utolsó frissítés: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:46

com_vtiger_workflowtasks_entitymethod_seq 	1 	MyISAM 	1 KB
Létrehozva: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45
Utolsó frissítés: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:46

com_vtiger_workflowtasks_seq 	1 	MyISAM 	1 KB
Létrehozva: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45
Utolsó frissítés: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:46

com_vtiger_workflowtask_queue 	0 	MyISAM 	1 KB
Létrehozva: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:46
Utolsó frissítés: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:46

com_vtiger_workflowtemplates 	0 	MyISAM 	1 KB
Létrehozva: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45
Utolsó frissítés: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45

com_vtiger_workflow_activatedonce 	0 	MyISAM 	1 KB
Létrehozva: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45
Utolsó frissítés: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45

com_vtiger_workflow_tasktypes 	7 	MyISAM 	2.5 KB
Létrehozva: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45
Utolsó frissítés: 	2014. Aug 28. 18:45

etc.etc.

How to handle it?