[Vtigercrm-developers] Asterisk Good News

vtiger at camden.net vtiger at camden.net
Wed Aug 27 16:12:12 GMT 2014

yes the overhead for AMI listen can be issue

 normally dealt with by giving the AMI user Origination and Read Call only
rights, that cuts down on 99% of what you need to parse

 in larger deployments where even the overhead of incoming calls to other
extensions is burdensome, AMI proxy where each user has a proxy user that
only listens to AMI data relevant to there own channel(s)

 I would think you would only pull SQL data when user in vtiger clicks on
PBXmanager (the user version where they can see the call logs, not the one
for admin to change settings), and display the data rather than pulling it
all the time and creating your own tables, if remote access to SQL is the
concern its easy to write a php XML API, thats how our windows based call
notification works for vtiger so we did not have to open SQL to outside
world, when call comes in we take incomming phone number send it to our
API, the API does all the SQL queries, then returns XML of the results, we
did this with php, all that would be required is for you guys to say hey
put this php file on your asterisk server and modify the database name,
user and secret to match