[Vtigercrm-developers] File Permission in installation package

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:04:32 GMT 2014

Hi Uma,

My internet service provider (host of my and my clients's vtiger
instances in shared servers and in my VPS also) does not allow to use
files with permissions chmod 777 in their servers.
After uploading a vtiger install package (or SVN pull) the following
picture you will see:

FTP access by FileZilla to a vtiger 6.1 beta instance ftp upload made in
middle of June and not used (this is only an upload) (vtiger 6.0.0
install zip will show too same picture):

Going to Assets directory:

Without adjustment files permissions to 0644 and directories to 0755
this server will give server error 500 - when opening the Assets module.

So after FTP upload or C-Panel upload and before install first I should
set file permissions (all) to 0644, and directory to 0755.
The cron files permission in this server should be 0755 instead of 0644.

These servers uses CentOS Linux and C-panel user-interface. I had the
too same issue with other providers also, e.g. Siteground does not allow
the files with 0777 as well on some security reasons.

My expectation with permissions is only to be ready for the install
without permission adjustment.

A Joomla install package zip is ready to install in these C-Panel /
CentOS servers, after uploads all files in 0644, and all directories in
0755 automatically.

In vtiger package the majority of files and directories are set right
(0644 / 0755) but several directories and files are not set right as it
shown in the pictures above.

Kindest regards:
Istvan

üdvözlettel: