[Vtigercrm-developers] white screen at the install of vtiger 6.1 SVN 14222 on PHP 5.5.11

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:16:22 GMT 2014

Hi Rishab,

I did several new install yesterday and today with the latest SVN14233
(and  yesterday with 14231)

My linux system used the built in Ubuntu PHP 5.5.7
And the Windows systems XAMPP with PHP 5.4.x and an other instance of
XAMPP with PHP 5.5.15

I had to adjust the apache2 Timeout from 300 to 600 in all tree system
to run install script properly.
php.ini max_execution_time = 1800 (in Windows PHP 5.4.x )
php.ini max_execution_time = 0 (in Windows PHP 5.5.15 )
php.ini max_execution_time = 600 (in Ubuntu Linux PHP 5.5.7 )

Before adjusting the Apache2 Timeout the install was nit finished nor in
the Windows, nor in the Linux setups.
After adjusting the Apache2 Timeout to 600 the vtiger CRM was installed
well in all 3 system. The php.ini max_execution_time was set as it shown
above.

I uses virtual hosts to run web-content in the Ubuntu 14.04.
So, instead of /var/www/... I uses the /home/*user*/public_html/
directory to run web-contents.
To proper install I had to adjust the following statements also from
terminal:

sudo find /home/*user*/public_html/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
sudo find /home/*user*/public_html/ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
sudo chown www-data:www-data -R /home/*user*/public_html/

(if this adjustment was not done I had got server error 500 due to
important files with chmod 777 )

In my case the user was the ubuntu user.

By the way, in the vtiger install zip and in the SVN the file access
setup in full confusion. Some of files in chmod 644, some of files in
chmod 777 and the directories are also in different and illogical mix.
For example the Joomla 3.x install package is with right file &
directory access, so do not need the chmod adjustment before install.

Is there any way to correct the chmod in the svn and in the install
packages?

Kindest regards:
Istvan

üdvözlettel: