[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: Security?

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 19:15:39 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Security?
Date: 	Tue, 01 Jul 2014 17:50:53 +0200
From: 	Holbok István <holbok at gmail.com>
To: 	vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

Hi Vtiger team,

If I can suggest something I would like to also give some data.

I manage several websites in my VPS and in shared hostings also. If the
site uses online adds and more SEO the site receives more attacks mostly
brute force login. The recorded brute force attacks in my sites in 80%
use word "admin" to try login.
For example in one of my sites - from February of 2014 until now -
received 407 brute force attacks and 127 IP address was blocked due to
repeated brute force attacks during the small interval of time.
I also recorded a hack attack when 63 different method was tried to hack
the site from one IP address in one day during a few hours.

I think it is enough big quantity to do vtiger CRM more safe at the login.

An I think more safer way to use different admin user names then the
simple, well known - and hardcoded - admin.

Kindest regards:
Istvan

üdvözlettel:

*Holbok István*