[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Vtiger 6 Framework - is custom built and developer friendly.

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 17:38:33 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6 Framework - is custom built
and developer friendly.
Date: 	Sat, 17 May 2014 08:57:30 +0530
From: 	Prasad <prasad at vtiger.com>
To: 	vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
<vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com>

Dear members,

The framework developed is on the principles of MVC architecture
with further flexibility added to define multiple themes, layouts
that an application needs over period of time.

*Why did we custom make it?*

We reviewed several frameworks of PHP for adoption, couldn't find
many that matched our needs which was targeted to reduce fallback
class handling both at the server & client side.

The ones that seem matched demanded extensive rewrite of the core
and module conventions - that would make porting hard to new platform.

We will be covering the capabilities of framework in coming weeks -
hope it would support the belief that Vtiger 6 framework supersedes
the one we all had built in Vtiger 5.

You can find some insights at:
http://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/developers/develop-extensions-for-vtiger.html
http://community.vtiger.com/help/vtigercrm/developers/extensions/internals.html