[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: flush after sending <head>

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 22:01:14 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] flush after sending <head>
Date: 	Thu, 17 Jul 2014 19:36:08 +0100
From: 	Alan Bell <alan.bell at libertus.co.uk>
To: 	vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

On 17/07/14 19:28, Prasad wrote:
> Would avoid {php} code within *.tpl for the very small gain.
yes, agreed, I was hoping that it would be able to push out the head
prior to loading from the database all the objects needed to render the
full page, I might try some slightly more major surgery or an ugly hack
to see what the benefit would be of flushing the head before doing any
object loading.

Alan.

> Please keep us posted with your further investigation.
>
> *Connect with us on: *Twitter <http://twitter.com/vtigercrm> *I*
> Facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/pages/vtiger/226866697333578?sk=wall> *I*
> Blog <https://blogs.vtiger.com/>* I* Wiki
> <http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Main_Page> *I *Forums
> <https://discussions.vtiger.com>*I* Website <https://www.vtiger.com/>
>

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Alan Bell <alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
> <mailto:alan.bell at libertus.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     I think a few more milliseconds of responsiveness can be achieved
>     by editing
>     layout/vlayout/modules/Vtiger/Header.tpl
>
>     and after </head> insert:
>
>     {php}
>     flush();
>     {/php}
>
>     the intention of this is to  fling the head part to the browser,
>     so it can start loading the various js and css files from cache or
>     if they have to be requested before the rest of the page arrives.
>     It seems to improve things a touch, but not as much as I had
>     hoped, there is still quite a big delay before sending anything to
>     the browser, this just saves .02 seconds for my testing.
>
>     Alan.
>
>     --
>     Libertus Solutions
>     http://libertus.co.uk