[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Fwd: sending documents

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 23:49:59 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd:  sending documents
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 10:40:19 -0700
From: Vic Cekvenich <vic.cvc at gmx.com>
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Vtigercrm-developers] sending documents
Date: 	Sun, 18 May 2014 08:20:16 +0000
From: 	Stacey Johnson <stacey.johnson110 at gmail.com>
To: 	vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

vtiger have two important limitations:
1. Workflows in documents
2. possibility to attach document to the email created in workflow

Example scenario:
Lead fill up webform showing his interest in services. Company managing
CRM wish to send to him automatically nice created outside of vtiger
booklet in pdf format.

Currently this kind of interaction with customers is impossible. I can
generate hundreds of exaples of usage of attachements in workflows but I
belive developper can do it too :-)

Another issue is documents module (this was discussed few times too).
Can developper tell us why documents module have no workflows? Is this
module worse that any other? Everybody knows that all our life is based
on managing documents. Why this module looks like orphan? Workflows are
simnple addon to this module but will change a lot. I was analysing it
through months and see that developper for some reason dont want add
this funcionality which seems to be really important to make vtiger
standing a bit out of the crowd (at least in opensource category). Come
on guys, it few lines of code. Do it for developpers.. :-)

Stacey