[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Re: vtiger > Market place module protection (was: joomla articles)

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 23:50:04 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Fwd: Re: vtiger > Market place module protection (was: joomla articles)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 16:30:08 -0700
From: Vic Cekvenich <vic.cvc at gmx.com>
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 15:07:10 -0700
From: Vic Cekvenich <vic.cvc at gmx.com>
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger > Market place module
protection (was: joomla articles)
Date: 	Sun, 10 Aug 2014 21:12:21 +0000
From: 	Zebra Hosting <support at zebrahosting.eu>
To: 	vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
<vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com>

Creating a new subject to avoid hijacking Andrews thread.

Prasad, as mentioned earlier we are not going to use the vTiger market
place extension on our servers for security reasons and I assume more
companies will think the same way.

That leaves the option for those companies to install modules via de
manual install but the modules will not be encrypted and easy to copy
(correct me if I am wrong)

I haven’t been checking what could be an alternative option but would
love to hear suggestions and experience how people protect their vTiger
modules.

Ioncube has been a standard way but I am not sure how it plays with the
marketplace.

Would it be possible to add a modules to the marketplace with a 3rd
party encryption like ioncube?

I really hope you guys find a way to make the market place work with
some form of security but without the mandatory extra extension install.
That would solve most issues (and end this discussion)

Bastiaan Houtkooper
Zebra Hosting