[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: memcached

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 22:01:14 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] memcached
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 19:25:11 +0100
From: Alan Bell <alan.bell at libertus.co.uk>
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

turns out it is a boost that is well worth having, I put this in the
Connectors.php  file

class Vtiger_Cache_Connector_Memcached {
        private $m;
        function __construct(){
                $this->m = new Memcached();
                $this->m->addServer('localhost', 11211);
        }

        function set($key, $value) {
                $this->m->set("vtiger$key",$value);
        }
        function get($key) {
                return $this->m->get("vtiger$key");
        }

    function flush(){
        return true;
    }
}

and in the Connector.php file I just commented out the memory cache and
added the memcached class
//                      $this->connection = new
Vtiger_Cache_Connector_Memory();
                        $this->connection = new
Vtiger_Cache_Connector_Memcached();

and things are getting quite quick :)

I had to also install memcached and php5-memcache packages (perhaps
php5-memcached too, not quite sure which one was important) and restart
apache to turn on the new module.

Alan.

--
Libertus Solutions