[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: vtiger > Market place module protection (was: joomla articles)

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 22:07:48 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger > Market place module
protection (was: joomla articles)
Date: 	Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:51:01 +0530
From: 	Sreenivas Kanumuru <svk at vtiger.com>
To: 	vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
<vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com>

Bastiaan, Thanks for sharing your feedback. Your suggestions prompted us
to pause the development on Vtiger Installer. Developers can continue to
protect extensions using existing alternatives such as ionCube /
ZendGuard / or another tool.

As a result, the following changes will be made in the marketplace

 1. 'Try before Buy' feature will not be available on a listing
    (Developer can create a separate 'Trial only' listing for the
    extension with a download restricted for X  days..)
 2. Without Try feature, Customers might express dissatisfaction and
    request refund after installing the app. So, we will provide the
    ability for Publishers to issue refund from the publisher portal
 3. Extension will not be restricted to MAC address.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Sreenivas

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Zebra Hosting <support at zebrahosting.eu