[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: Correct timezone settings

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 18:47:31 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Correct timezone settings
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:07:43 +1200
From: Richard Hills <richard at tw.co.nz>
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

Hi Bernard

Wasn't sure if you got this issue solved, I am just confirming we're
also using this on NZ servers and are not seeing any issues.

Are you properly setting the timezone in your config.inc.php file? if
this is a NZ server (with time set to match) then this would be:
$default_timezone = 'Pacific/Auckland';

On 16/06/14 18:44, Alan Lord wrote:
> On 16/06/14 00:20, Bernard Bailey wrote:
>

>> I believe the standard is we should have the server running at UTC
>> and only the
>> users should be on their timezone?
>> If so does this mean the @@system_time_zone should return UTC and not
>> NZST?
>
> Most of our servers are configured run GMT which is UTC in the winter
> and UTC+1 (BST) in the summer - this way the server logs etc. all
> report the correct time for us here in the UK.
>
> I'm not sure if we are doing it right but have not noticed any
> problems before so the way we do it is we configure the setting in the
> config.inc.php to match that of the server vtiger is running on, e.g.
> "Europe/London", and then users set whatever is their own local time
> in their preferences.
>
> HTH
>
> Al

Richard Hills