[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Change password procedure does not work optimally

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 19:14:35 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Vtigercrm-developers] Change password procedure does not work
optimally
Date: 	Tue, 1 Jul 2014 09:15:08 +0200
From: 	socialboostdk <socialboostdk at gmail.com>
To: 	vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
<vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com>

When a user requests a new password, I've noticed to problems:

1) The user HAS to be able to remember both username + email (which is
not likely in all cases, ie. it should be enough to remember one of them
or it should be possible to retrieve the username using email also).

2) The URL to reset password is broken in gmail.

The first about username + email I think is self-explanatory, but the
URL to reset needs a little further explanation.

Basically the URL consists of the domain, "shorturl.php" and an ID.

In the ID there is often (always?) a period (".") in, which breaks the
string in gmail.

Ie. when I click the URL i get a very ugly "Link you have used is
invalid or has expired. ." notification back.

If i instead copy the whole string (incl the part on the right of the
period (".")) then it works.

So, my suggestion would be to simply avoid having period (".") in the ID
all together?

An example mail would be:

Hi christian,
This email was sent to you as you submitted the request to change
password for Simply CRM.
Please follow this link to reset your password.

http://vtiger.campgain.com.com/shorturl.php?id=53b25ba49a6658.87162670

Thanks,
VTiger CRM