[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Re: Security?

Vic Cekvenich vic.cvc at gmx.com
Sun Aug 17 19:14:57 GMT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Security?
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 08:35:42 +0000
From: Zebra Hosting <support at zebrahosting.eu>
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com <vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com>

Alan,

2. Yes you can work around the admin issue but it should not be hardcoded
in the installer.
3. Not much but everything helps. If a security hole has been found and
published it is easier to do a search on ³tiger² & ³6.0² if all details
are published. Agree it is minor but still. Same reason I don¹t show the
generator meta tag in websites sources.
4. Agreed but don¹t forget all those people installing the CRM on public
(web)servers.
5. Block them from accessing the login form and yes to all web forms,
portal etc.
6. See 4. I can¹t expect all my users to use VPN. Curious how often that
is used here.

Bastiaan Houtkooper
Zebra Hosting