[Vtigercrm-developers] Question about Updates widget/ModTracker of vtiger 6.1 beta

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 16:58:06 GMT 2014

Dear vtiger Team,

Is there any method to exclude / include (or disable / enable ) fields
from the ModTracker module in a CustomModule without hacking the core
files of ModTracker?

In the core files of ModTracker ...\modules\ModTracker\ModTrackerHandler.php
there is a loop to handle all tracking fields of all tracking enabled
modules started about line 33.

                     foreach($delta as $fieldName => $values) {
                         if($fieldName != 'modifiedtime') {

                         }
                     }

It is easy to modify with extending the*if conditions* with the name of
fields that we would like to exclude from the tracking. But it is the
core hacking not recommended for the extension store.

Is there any other method not hacking the core files?

It would be very useful feature.

E.g. in our CustomModule there are 14 fields and only 4 of them to
track. *All others are considered as system fields* (similarly to the
'modifiedtime' field) *and isn't necessary to track.*

Waiting an answer, kindest regards:
István

--
üdvözlettel: