[Vtigercrm-developers] Problem filtering by assigned_to search field

johnnyrockets johnb at newsreview.com
Thu Aug 7 00:39:26 GMT 2014

Greetings all.  First of all, fantastic work on Vtiger 6.1 thus far.  We're
eagerly awaiting the upcoming release.

We're noticing an issue when it comes to searching or filtering using the
assigned_to field.  The following steps will reproduce the problem.  Note:
two users assigned to the same role will be necessary.

    1) Create a new organization with User1.
    2) Go to Organization module.
    3) Transfer ownership of new organization to User2 (everything, all
contacts, documents, etc).
    4) Logout and log back in with User2.
    5) Go to the Organization module and filter the results using the
assigned_to text field (set it to User2).  Click search button.

The newly created organization that was just transferred to User2 doesn't
appear.

Upon further investigation, it appears that the sql being executed is
searching for the creator, instead of the owner.

SELECT
    count(*) AS count
FROM
    vtiger_contactdetails
        INNER JOIN
    vtiger_crmentity ON vtiger_contactdetails.contactid =
vtiger_crmentity.crmid
        LEFT JOIN
    vtiger_users ON vtiger_crmentity.smcreatorid = vtiger_users.id
        LEFT JOIN
    vtiger_groups ON vtiger_crmentity.smcreatorid = vtiger_groups.groupid
WHERE
    vtiger_crmentity.deleted = 0 AND (((trim(CONCAT(vtiger_users.first_name,
                ' ',
                vtiger_users.last_name)) LIKE '%Gil Gunderson%' or
vtiger_groups.groupname LIKE '%Gil Gunderson%')))

We are not completely up to date with the 6.1 branch so I'm not sure if this
issue has already been addressed and/or handled.  Please let me know if more
information is needed or if there is a known solution to this problem.

Thanks,
John Biz