[Vtigercrm-developers] Hosting vs extension-loader

Zebra Hosting support at zebrahosting.eu
Sun Aug 3 09:33:56 GMT 2014

As a hosting company with thousands of websites running on our servers, we have made the same decision. We simple won't add this extension to our (shared) hosting servers.
We have no idea how secure it is and with vTigers track records in that area it is too much of a gamble. The slow adjustments to PHP versions will be another one.

Anyone who wants/needs to run the marketplace will need to setup a dedicated VM.

Personally I welcome the marketplace idea but indeed as a module with security in the module, not on a server level.

The marketplace now taking so much energy aways from fixing very important bugs is also a bad idea. Why not release a good,stable and optimized 6.1 and leave the marketplace to 6.2.
Take the time to test the setup instead of rushing it out?

There are tons of important things to fix. I vote for a stable platform before adding more and more items that bring another round of issues.
Taking the time to run proper beta tests will avoid disappointments.

Looking at the long list of complains in the  v6.0 forum it is about time to release a good working 6.1.

Bastiaan Houtkooper
Zebra Hosting