[Vtigercrm-developers] VT61 Module installer *still* using 777

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:15:59 GMT 2014

On 31/07/14 12:41, Prasad wrote:
> Alan,
>
> I agree - will dive into this any pointer if you have identified would
> be helpful to fix it.

vtlib/Vtiger/LayoutImport.php line 94
vtlib/Vtiger/LanguageImport.php line 130
vtlib/Vtiger/ThemeImport.php line 90
vtlib/Vtiger/Unzip.php line 45

Firstly I would question why there needs to be 4 separate functions for
extracting a zip file that are basically copies of each other and do the
exact same thing.

Secondly, on every Linux distribution I am familiar with there is
something called the umask[1] which provides the default permissions for
all new files & directories so I doubt you will need to set chmod
anyway... Unless it is because the zip archive format does not retain
permission information. If that's the case then as i said before, all
files should be 644 (rw-r--r--) and directories 755 (rwxr-x-r-x)

Thirdly - grep the vtiger source tree for "chmod" :-)

Obviously this is all moot for Windows systems but then who uses that
old OS any more anyway?

Cheers

Al

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umask