[Vtigercrm-developers] Custom Event or Custom Workflow?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 03:12:46 PDT 2012

I'm wanting to reproduce the feature described in the old autoticketing
doc & code written for vtiger 5.1.0, for 5.4.0.

The Event handler API has been changed a bit since the 5.1.0 days
looking through various bits of code. Also there is the API to add
custom functions to the workflow system directly. (The
HelpDeskHandler.php file in 5.4.0 contains both an Event handler and
several custom workflow functions.

I guess my question is this: Is the feature to send an auto-reply email
to the ticket submitter better done in the Eventing API or as a custom
Workflow Function?

Cheers