[Vtigercrm-developers] Rebuilding Workflow Module

Stefan Warnat ich at stefanwarnat.de
Wed Jun 20 08:30:39 PDT 2012

Hy!

After a long discussion with one customer about the functionality of
workflow management in vtiger and the limited options for combinations
of workflows or quick changes of complexe tasks, I looked at the
workflow management of other (commercial) CRM tools.

These systems handle the workflow management easier with drag & drop and
connections of simple blocks.
These special customer knows other users of InfusionSoft and would have
its functionallity in Vtiger.
(You can found the system at:
http://www.infusionsoft.com/products/features/automate-marketing)

After studying other systems, i think it wouldn't be to complicated to
build such system on top of the existing workflow module. (I think I say
this over every project)
This mail targets the question, if there are already plans in rebuilding
the workflowsystem in Vtiger 6? Because it is not as easy as create new
Entity Modules, there needn't exist two rewrites.

At the moment I still work on the webdav access, but after this, I think
there is time to develop such idea. At the end I could imagine to spend
it to the vtiger team for integration, if its ok.

Bye,
Stefan

--
Freelancer at Webdevelopment