[Vtigercrm-developers] MySql Crashing (help me)

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Thu Jun 14 10:25:52 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Rodrigo Souza <rodrigo at hostplan.com.br>wrote:

> I read that this error may be due to many files being opened
> simultaneously by Mysql, have any tips to restrict it?

That is an interesting theory.  I have heard of such a problem happening on
Linux, where you exhaust the total pool of file descriptors and get an
error like, "too many open files."  Is it possible you could be seeing
something similar on Windows?  If so, perhaps you could increase that limit
in Windows  and make this problem go away?  I think that decreasing the
limit in Mysql sounds like the wrong thing to do.  Wouldn't that result in
Mysql constantly opening and closing files to stay under the limit?  I
imagine that would abuse disk I/O.  I think giving Mysql the resources it
wants is probably the safer solution.

> Another thing that occurred, is that before this error, the access
> permissions to the vtiger is lost, ie, the price is only seen by the person
> responsible, and this error occurs before this restriction simply
> disappears, leaving the prices visible to all . This occurs with all the
> modules that have this restriction (calendar, sales order, invoice ...)

This sounds like a symptom to me, not a cause.  I suspect if you fix the
underlying problem, this will go away.