[Vtigercrm-developers] This shouldn't be so hard!

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 06:01:28 PDT 2012

On 11/06/12 22:43, Joe Bordes wrote:
> If your problem is with $_FILE comming in empty it is because your form
> must have the multi part directive:
>
>    ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"
>
> look at Smary/templates/EditViewHidden.tpl

Thanks very much Joe,

That helped a lot. I now have a working UI type 69 field in a custom
module which also renders the image in Detail View like in the Contacts
module :-)

I have had to add some code to the DetailView.php of my module to
intercept the $smarty->assign getBlocks() call as UI type 69 is not
supported outside of Products or Contacts in the
/include/utils/DetailViewUtils.php file...

But at least I have done this without having to modify core vtiger code.

Does anyone know if I can override the
Smarty/templates/EditViewHidden.tpl file in a vtlib module too? It's
only a minor change to line 84 to add the ENCTYPE... but it is a
modification to core once again, which I would like to avoid if at all
possible...

Cheers