[Vtigercrm-developers] This shouldn't be so hard!

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:22:23 PDT 2012

On 11/06/12 19:55, Prasad wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Document attachment is handled like adding Related Record
> to the module. This provides the ability to re-use existing documents
> or have more than one attachment for a record.

OK - But that isn't really what I want. I want a field in a module that
contains one attachment, a bit like the way the image thing works for
Products, or the more accurately the image on a Contact for example (UI
Type 69).

> You can try setting up a relation between your custom module and
> Document (setRelatedList)

Well, I have tried this and as I said before. The popup opened and I
could select a document but on closing/saving that field remains empty
and nothing is written to the db. (This is using setRelatedModules() not
setRelatedList().

I refer back to the subject of this message ;-) and to the many others
on the forums. This really shouldn't be so hard. vtlib is great and
makes it relatively easy to create new modules, but there is no obvious
way to create a field to take an attachment or, more specifically an image.

I will examine the code in the Contact module to see if I can understand
how it is managing to do it although giving it a quick scan, it does
look essentially the same as in the other modules...

Thanks

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk