[Vtigercrm-developers] Read/Write access problem during vtiger 5.4.0 installation

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 00:14:48 PST 2012

On 20/12/12 07:54, Holbok István wrote:
> Hi Salim,
>
> The installation package is vtiger 5.4.0.
> The PHP version at the server: *5.3.19*
> Apache version:*2.2.23*
> MySQL version: 5.1.66-cll
>
> The server is installed well, all administration is possible via
> C-Panel. Joomla 2.5.x and other PHP applications are running well.

Probably ownership - not just rwx access. Cpanel/CentOS enable SELinux
by default.

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SELinux (See troubleshooting for some
guidance)

To be honest I really hate CPanel/Plesk systems as they screw around
with stuff that is normally fine.

I think you'll need to check which owner runs the apache web server and
then make sure that the directory you want r/w access has the right
ownership.

Also note SELinux and default CPanel systems won't follow symlinks
either - despite any settings in httpd.conf ;-)

Finally making *anything* 777 on Linux systems is a really bad idea
unless you absolutely need it. In your example that dir should be 755
and owned by the apache user.

HTH

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk