[Vtigercrm-developers] Read/Write access problem during vtiger 5.4.0 installation

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 23:54:24 PST 2012

Hi Salim,

The installation package is vtiger 5.4.0.
The PHP version at the server: *5.3.19*
Apache version:*2.2.23*
MySQL version: 5.1.66-cll

The server is installed well, all administration is possible via
C-Panel. Joomla 2.5.x and other PHP applications are running well.

I can see the install screen of vtiger CRM. The "PreInstallation Check"
screen appears when the install process brakes.
Here is the screenshot link:
http://holbok.hu/media/vtiger1.png and
http://holbok.hu/media/vtiger2.png

The PreInstallation Check asks Read/Write access to the directory
test/vtlib/html
This directory has 777 rights (so everybody can read and write) and this
message should not be there.
I tried with 755 rights also, but the check show the too same error
message (as it was shown in the link above).

Before this error there was an other installation problem.
The system did not find a file. The name of that file was written in
lowercase characters and changing the filename into the uppercase the
error was handled.
It shows there are something with uppercase / lowercase filename
interpretation in this system.

Thanks for advance:
Istvan Holbok