[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger Workflow Running In The Background

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 06:33:23 PST 2012

On 18/12/12 14:03, Petar Dimov wrote:

> My problem with writing the cronjob is that I want to be able to pull a
> specific email template and pick variables and that will be time-consuming.
>
> I'd rather have a workflow that do that. It already runs in the
> background every 3 minutes for me.

I agree, I have had similar requirements for a "cron-based" workflow
trigger myself.

But unless vtiger CRM can provide a configurable frequency trigger per
workflow then it won't really work (you only want it to run once per day
for example).

For your specific case the field formula functions are not comprehensive
enough either. I don't think there is an easy way to parse the field
function "get_date('today')" and remove the year so you can compare it
with a date field that you must also remove the year part from the date.

Cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk